We have made a big step forward: QC Bike Collective is now officially a non-profit entity, registered as Queen City Bicycle Collective, dba QC Bike Collective.
What does this mean?
- We have a Board of Directors. The board will be expanded in the near future.
- NeighborWorks Southern New Hampshire is still our fiscal sponsor (THANK YOU, NWSNH!). Grants and charitable donations are still made to NWSNH and we are able to use those funds to meet project goals, as we have been.
- Tyler Glodt, Shop Manager and Abby Easterly, Organizer remain VERY active with QC Bike and welcome every bit of sharing the privilege and responsibility of carrying the organization forward.
- QC Bike’s fiscal year is April 1 – March 31, so this is the start of a new, big year.
- The plans for this year include increasing QC Bike’s capacity to be successful and sustainable by building our base of volunteers and apprentice mechanics. This important work was funded by a grant from NH Charitable Foundation NHCF.
- We have a lot of work to do, much of it is fun and we need your help!